Prescription drugs are the usual ways adults deal with anxiety disorders. The problem with these drugs, however, it that they do not cure the real cause of the problem, only the symptoms. In many cases, people who have been prescribed anti-anxiety drugs have a strong dislike for them. One of the most common reasons is its side effects.
There are, however, alternatives to drugs in dealing with anxiety disorders. Some foods and drinks can also provide home remedies to treat anxiety.
1) Stress can be relieved by a warm cup of Chamomile tea. You mind will feel relaxed and your thoughts will be soothed. Chamomile tea can help you rest during those nights when you have trouble sleeping. Your mental state will be eased by the natural sedative properties of this tea.
2) Turkey contains a substance called tryptophan that can trick your mind in feeling more calm and relaxed. Tryptophan is related to serotonin, a chemical that helps the brain deal with anxiety. Tryptophan consumed through food also helps in relieving anxiety.
3) Improve your mental and psychological health by consuming avocado. Avocados help lower blood pressure because of its potassium content. Potassium keeps your heart on a steady beat, lowering the likelihood of a heart attack.
4) Consuming a variety of leafy green vegetables and hemp oil can contribute to optimal brain health. They are anxiety busters. Magnesium is a substance that keeps your brain-adrenal axis in good condition, and green leafy vegetables are rich in magnesium.
5) Eating dark chocolate helps you keep calm. It’s because it has loads of cocoa that contain stress relievers.
6) Turmeric aids in reducing the incidence of anxiety and stress. Turmeric has many healthy properties like anti-inflammatory, healing, and maintaining blood sugar balance.
7) Folic acid is a substance that helps in managing anxiety. Folic acid is found richly in asparagus. A drop in folic acid impairs your neurotransmitters causing anxiety and stress.
8) Liver and other organ meats are a good source of vitamin B. Vitamin B is also necessary for methylation, a process responsible for serotonin production.
9) Eat more oysters to increase your intake of zinc, a chemical necessary for your brain to function normally. Deficiency in zinc causes anxiety.
10) Your gut needs to be healthy for your brain to be healthy. A dairy drink called kefir contains probiotics that help maintain the balance of bacteria in your gut.