Be Informed and Stay Safe from Asbestos Exposure with the Following Facts in Mind
Asbestos is a category of heat-resistant material that were used ages ago in America during construction works. The exposure to asbestos has been linked to all manner of serious and life-threatening medical conditions, thanks to the fibrous and heat-resistant nature of asbestos. It is believed there is an over 2 million ton exposure of asbestos to this harmful and life-threatening ingredients. In a world where asbestos seem to be everywhere, no doubt it would be best to familiarize yourself with some hard truths and facts about asbestos as explained here.
Fact one about asbestos is that they can be found anywhere and everywhere that you could ever imagine. First off, asbestos are present in the moving air that you breath, the soil where crops and vegetation grow as well as in the water. And then we have the asbestos particles that will be found in heaps of wastes, mines, and factories. Further to that, it is worth mentioning the most common way you get exposed to asbestos is through the air. This justifies the need for thorough asbestos testing in your living spaces to ensure you are safe from these life-threatening and harmful particles.
Did you know that exposure to asbestos can lead to clubbing of the fingers and toes? This is a serious medical condition characterized by the hardening and thickening of the skin beneath and surrounding the fingernails. It is attributed to inefficient supply of oxygen in the blood and as a result the fingers and toes will appear club-like, bulbous and deformed. Should you find anything abnormal with your fingers and toes, it is highly recommended that you seek urgent medical attention. As you continue to research more on asbestos, you will discover that continuous exposure to the same can lead to cancer. This is actually one of the biggest dangers of asbestos exposure, leading to a possibility of contracting mesothelioma and other types of cancers. Worst of all is the fact that it can take years and sometimes even decades for cancer symptoms to appear so it is best to be safe than sorry.
Any website that seeks to document or write anything about asbestos should mention that they cannot be broken down into other chemicals. In other words, they cannot be metabolized nor absorbed by the body. It is no wonder some cases remain hidden for up to 50 years post exposure when they start to show up as signs and symptoms. Now, when you have all this information with you, you will be better placed to make the right decisions when it comes to protecting yourself and your loved ones.